Uses and Benefits of Lemon
Lemon, a citrus fruit when tasted brings a sour expression on your face. Though not consumed separately, the taste of lemon is unique from others. It has many kinds as well - Bonnie Brae, goes in San Diego, USA, Eureka, a common all place lemon, also called Four season because it has the capability to produce fruit and flowers together all year long, Femminello St. Teresa, that is found in Italy, Yen Ben, resident of Australia. Did you know that lemon is a native of Asia. Lemon though comes into the category of fruit, but is a part of every recipe. Be it fruits or salads or chicken or vegetables or fish, lemon could be added in almost everything and bring out a better taste of it. Name one dish whose taste will not be improved after the addition of lemon in it (with tea as an exception). Lemon is an absolute all-rounder with endless benefits. Apart from its culinary qualities lemon can be used in a lot of things.
- Lemon is basically the home of Vitamin C. C is the vitamin that your body requires most. It helps in maintaining the functions of the body and regulates immune system. Lemon also produces juices that are needed in digestion.
- As it also purifies your blood lemon can be used during cholera and malaria as treatment.
- Lemon Juice is also highly recommended by doctors. After a session of workout, drinking lemon water can replenish body salt. It also has anti-bacterial properties.
- Lemon juice has also been proved effective in weight loss. Mix lemon juice and honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it every day you will soon notice a loss in your weight.
- You can use lemon as a preservative for many things like apples, avocado, banana where the acid in the lemon can prevent them from changing color or turning stale. Just apply lemon juice on the sliced parts.
- If your rice becomes sticky then just add lemon juice and separate them and make them fresh again. Lemon juice also helps maintaining pH levels in your body.
- Lemon zest is also very good for the skin. It lightens skin tones, eliminates scars and pores.
- Not only lemon zest, but the leaves of the lemon plant are also very useful. You can use lemon leaves in tea, fishes and other seafood, chicken.
- You can use lemon oil for aromatherapy, it will soothe your body and provides relaxation.
- Apart from aromatherapy, lemon can be also used to relax your feet. In a bucket take warm water and squeeze lemon into it. You can also add baking soda if you want. Soak your feet in it for 10 to 15 mins. You will feel relaxed and your feet will be softened.
- By applying coconut oil mixed with lemon juice you can get rid of dandruff.
- The amount of citric acid present in lemon is more than other fruits like grapefruit and orange. Lemon contains two times more citric acid than grapefruit and five times more than orange juice.
Lemon is an essential ingredient of almost all recipes. Visit our site to have a look at some tasty and healthy recipes which would satisfy your tastebuds.